Google Maps Easter egg is set to roll out just in time for Mario Day, which is apparently March 10. For a week starting this Saturday you can replace your usual location icon in Google Maps with an image of Mario riding a go kart—red homing shells not included.
How to get Mario in Google Maps?
- Update Maps app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Type a location to get directions as normal.
- Click on “?” icon found on the bottom right of Google Maps app.
- Click on ‘Let’s-a Go’ button.
- Now it shows Mario in his own kart directing you, rather than the usual arrow.
Once enabled, users would notice that the regular navigation arrow has morphed into Mario. This update would reportedly be available in India from 12th March.